Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution
Corporation Ltd (TANGEDCO)
TamilNadu Electrical Board
144, Anna Salai, Chennai - 600 002,
Direct Recruitment Of 375 Assistant Engineers For TNEB Ltd / TANGEDCO Ltd / TANTRANSCO Ltd
Advertisement date: 28.12.2015
Online Application Registration from 28.12.2015 to 11.01.2016
Last date for Fee Payment 13.01.2016
Written Exam Date 31.01.2016
Assistant Engineer (Electrical / Mechanical / Civil) - 375 Posts
Detailed Vacancy Positions :
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical Engineering) - 300 Posts - Basic Pay 10100 Grade Pay 5100 in Pay Band II category - BE / BTech Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering / Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering / Computer Science and Engineering / Information Technology or AMIE Sections A&B in Electrical Engineering - Age 30 years.
- Assistant Engineer EEE - 273 Posts
- Assistant Engineer ECE / Instrumentation Engg - 21 Posts
- Assistant Engineer CSE / IT - 6 Posts
- Assistant Engineer (Mechanical Engineering) - 25 Posts - Basic Pay 10100 Grade Pay 5100 in Pay Band II category - BE / BTech Mechanical Engineering / Production and Manufacturing Engineering / Industrial Engineering or AMIE Sections A&B in Mechanical Engineering - Age 30 years.
- Assistant Engineer (Civil Engineering) - 50 Posts - Basic Pay 10100 Grade Pay 5100 in Pay Band II category - BE / BTech Civil Engineering or AMIE Sections A&B in Civil Engineering - Age 30 years.
* PwD / PH Quota Reservations : Total 11 posts allotted for PwD
* EEE 7 Posts
* ME 1 Post
* CE 3 Posts
Age Limit Details :
Cut off date for age calculation is 01.07.2015.
Minimum age is 18 years should be completed.
UR 30 years (should not be completed)
UR Destitute Widow No Age Limit
BC / BC Muslims / MBC / DNC / SC / SCA / ST No Age Limit
Selection Procedure and Exam Pattern :
Written Exam 100 marks to be converted to 85% i.e. 85 marks
Viva-voce / Oral Test / Interview marks 15 marks.
Selection through common written test and interview.
Examinations Questions will be in MCQ type
Each wrong answer will get negative marks 1/3.
Examination time 2 hours.
Question Paper will be 3 Parts
Part I and Part II is common to all the posts (Electrical, Mechanical and Civil).
Part III in individual subject paper to core subject area.
Part I 20 questions for 20 marks (There is no choice you have to attend all 20 questions).
Part II 35 questions for 20 marks (There is a choice for select any 20 questions. But you can answer all 35 questions. After considering 20 marks for 20 right answers, the remaining wrong answers will be awarded for negative marks).
Part III 65 questions for 60 marks (There is a choice for select any 60 questions. But you can answer all 65 questions. After considering 60 marks for 60 right answers, the remaining wrong answers will be awarded for negative marks).
Unattended questions (i.e. left unanswered) will not be awarded negative marks.
Part I Engineering Mathematics
Part II Basic Engineering and Sciences
Part III Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Electronics and Communication Engineering or Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering or Computer Science and Engineering or Information Technology or Production and Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering
General Instructions :
Examination Fee Rs. 500 for UR / BC / BC Muslims / MBC / DNC candidates.
Examination Fee Rs.250 for SC / SCA / ST / Persons with Disabilities (PwD / PH) / Destitute Widow of all communities including UR.
200 Point Roster system will be applicable as per Government of Tamil Nadu norms.
Photo scan image in JPEG format in 20KB - 30KB size. (resolution in 320*240 to 640*480 pixel level only)
Signature / LTI scan image in JPEG format in 10KB - 20KB size. (resolution in 400*150 to 800*300 pixel level only).
Help Line Telephone No.044 - 28522256 time (10.30 to 5.00 pm)
Written Exam Syllabus [download]:
Written Exam Pattern:
Tamil Medium Certificate (PSTM) / No Objection Certificate (NOC) Forms (Those whose to applicable, they can download it)
Instructions in General [download]
Instructions for Photo and Signature Scanning [download]
Community Code Nos.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) [download]
ONLINE Application Registration: